Your privacy is important to us. MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD views the personal privacy of customers as very important and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information we collect as part of the total service we deliver to our customers.
- the Privacy Act 1988
- collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
- protection of your personal information
- your rights of access to personal information we hold about you, and
- how to contact us.
Privacy Act 1988
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”), regulates the way in which many private sector organisations including MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD, collects, uses, keeps secure and discloses personal information. The Act aims to give people greater control over the way information about them is handled, by requiring organisations to comply with 10 National Privacy Principles or to establish an approved privacy code.
The National Privacy Principles apply to MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD and cover areas such as collection, use and disclosure of personal information, data quality and security and access and correction rights for individuals.
MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD highly values privacy and will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 at all times.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Our server records the information provided by your browser when you visit this website. This includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and documents downloaded. It also includes your server's IP address and if you have been referred to this website from another site, the address of the referring site. We mostly use the information to make this website more user-friendly and useful to visitors and to monitor site use.
Information on traffic and online activity is periodically collected from online customers and is only ever used in an aggregated form.
The information allows us to better understand the needs and preferences of our customers. This understanding translates into a better, more relevant range of online services, and an enhanced website experience.
Some areas of this site require and or enable the collection of some or all of the following personal information:
- your name
- your postal address
- your telephone number
- type of service requested
This information is essential so that we can deliver the service you have requested. It allows us to identify the particulars of the service delivered to you and to contact you when necessary. If this information is not collected, we will be unable to provide you our service and access to all aspects of this site.
In exceptional circumstances, we may also collect and maintain sensitive personal information on a customer / visitor.
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer. This information does not personally identify you, but it does tell us that your computer has visited our website and what areas of the website have been browsed.
Cookies enable our system to recognise your browser and welcome you back to our site.
By disabling cookies, you will not be able to access some of the features offered by www.oneplusoneoffices.com.au. Most Internet browsers are programmed to accept cookies. If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to disable or warn you when cookies are used. However, we recommend you leave your Cookies enabled.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to identify our customers. This is essential to ensuring high levels of customer service are maintained.
From time to time we may use your personal information for management or statistical purposes. On these occasions we will use the data to analyse and examine trends and demographics to help us offer you improved services. Data will be aggregated and all personal information will be de-identified so customers are not personally identified.
We may also use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing and to provide you with information with respect to related products or services. We will only use your personal information or data in these circumstances without your agreement if it has been impracticable for us to obtain your prior consent. However, where we do this, we will provide you with an opportunity to decline receiving any further marketing communications from us.
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what products and services you access on the website.
We may use information, including contact details, which we gather through your use of this site or linked or embedded sites to
- Provide you with copies of our newsletter;
- Maintain, update and service your account with us;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems;
- Improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences; and
- Provide you with information about our products, events or other promotional information.
If you provide your email address, you consent to MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD using your email address to contact you for the purposes listed above.
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose (with your consent where necessary) personal information to other persons or organisations. Such persons and organisation include:
- Our service providers (such as IT service providers and mail houses); and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Where you apply for a particular product or service through this site the application form may contain special consents concerning the use of your information. If you give this consent, which will usually be required before the application can proceed, we may use your information as you have permitted and also for the above purposes.
We use agents and other third parties to provide some services to us and for this purpose we sometimes need to provide them with relevant parts of the information which we have obtained from you and we require them to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it.
If we wish to use any of this personal information or data for any purpose other than those specified above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so or if:
- you would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that other purpose
- there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health
- we must comply with a legal process served on us;
- we need to protect and defend our rights or property or our account holders;
- we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and we will use the personal information or data to investigate the suspected unlawful activity, or
- the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law. These uses may include where we are required to provide information in response to subpoenas or warrants or other legal processes.
Disclosure of Your Information
The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We will not disclose that information on to other parties unless we are legally required to do so.
We use reasonable precautions to keep your personal information disclosed to us secure. We reserve the right to transfer information in connection with the sale of all or part of our business or assets. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your information from a source other than us. We also link to a wide variety of other sites that contain advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may store your information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure safe security and privacy of your information.
We will also take reasonable measures so that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access and misuse.
Where we contract out some of our activities, for example data processing or analysis, we will take reasonable steps so that your information is duly protected.
Your records are kept whilst you are connected and otherwise for the periods required by law and on expiry of that period they will be destroyed. Records of personal information no longer required would either be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
Your Rights of Access to Personal Information We Hold About You
You can access the personal information that you provide to us. We will comply with any request to access the personal information held to the extent required by the Privacy Act. There is no fee for making such a request; however we may charge you a small administrative fee for providing this access. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a 30-day period.
If you wish to access or modify personal information that you have provided to us, please email us at email@example.com
Exceptions to providing access are set out in the Act, but amongst others include:
- where providing access will pose a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual
- where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between us and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings, or
- where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If we do not allow you to access your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision. If you believe that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date and we do not agree with you, we will post a statement of your claim where that information is kept and accessed.
Privacy Concerns, More Information and our Contact Details
By emailing MT.EVERAGE PTY LTD at firstname.lastname@example.org you can:
- make a complaint if you believe that your personal privacy has been breached
- obtain more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold, and
- request access to personal information we hold about you.
For more information on privacy laws, please refer to the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website - www.privacy.gov.au